Thursday, December 30, 2010

Have I lost sight of what I am living for?

Thinker illustration "How you are seen by others becomes the mirror that tells you what you are like and who you are. You need others to give you a sense of self, and if you live in a culture that to a large extent equates self-worth with how much and what you have, if you cannot look through this collective delusion, you will be condemned to chasing after things for the rest of your life in the vain hope of finding your worth and completion of your sense of self there." ~ Eckhart Tolle

A conversation with a friend yesterday made me realize what I've been saying. For the past few months, a flurry of activities have been occurring in quick succession. Many people are getting married, and some are even getting houses. While I will not get into the merits of each. I have to admit that I was in fact getting anxious. Why am I not getting married? Why was I not worried about getting a house? Just what am I doing? A friend knocked some senses into me, but I'm still feeling disoriented. Self-awareness is key, it is fleeting, and by surrounding myself with mortal din and mediocrity I feel blinded to my true desires. Yes I'm looking at you Shawana.

Give this article a read. I think what you get from it cannot be negative.

No comments:

Post a Comment